Friday, May 16, 2008

Last Day-Week 2

Today was a good final day of week two.  This morning, I woke up at 9:00 and worked on reviews for our book.  I made sure that I was referring to each individual restaurants websites to read about the chef and his or her food to get a better sense of what I should write.  I also referred to the checklist sheets that Becca and I filled out at a few of the restaurants we visited.  After working on reviews for a while, I took a break for a lunch at 12:00.  From 1:00 to 2:30, I worked on creating a map for our final book.  I used Google map tools, which worked great!  I was able to create one map that covers all of the areas our top 20 restaurants are in.  In the map, I was able to add place marks to each of the estimated spots each restaurant is in.  At 2:30, I went over to Margaret's to meet with her briefly and have our time sheets signed.  
Tonight, I went to dine at La Meridiana from 7:00 to 8:00 with my mom and Margaret.  I have still had a lot of reservations about putting La Meridiana on our top 20 for a few reasons, so I thought I really needed to give it another try.  Tonight answered a few of my questions, and I am starting to reconsider including this restaurant in our top 20, from what I feel and what I know a lot of others do as well.  There might have to be a replacement of restaurants in our book.
When I got home after La Meridiana, I talked with Becca and I worked on more of my reviews for a half hour.  Becca and I planed that at some point this weekend we will go out and get more scrapbook paper.  We are excited about the progress we have made on our book this week and plan to do even more work together this weekend!       

No comments: