Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 12

Becca and I got a good amount accomplished today.  I drove to pick Becca up at 3:45 this afternoon and at 4:00 we went over to Margaret's.  Here, we were proud to show her our newly enhanced restaurant binder.  She loved it, and she had some great little ideas to improve it.  We discussed with her how the rest of our week is planned and when we can meet with her again.  It's the final week, so we are going to need a lot of help editing!  We left with Margaret the sponsor evaluation sheets when we left to go to Becca's at 4:45.  Tonight, Becca and I worked on a few different things.  First, I showed Becca the pictures of Carpaccio's and the Inn at Danbury and she liked them and agreed they were the best ones for our binder.  Becca began the pasting process tonight of the menus, photographs cut from yesterday, and contact cards into each restaurants page in the binder.  While she did this from 5:00 to 7:00, I worked on reviews in that time.  Tomorrow I will print them at my house and cut them out for our binder.  After a quick break for dinner, Becca and I began working again from 7:30 to 10:15.  I sat and looked online and through our book at all the top 20 menus.  I chose my favorite dish at each restaurant and also asked Becca what her favorite dish was for our "Erin and Becca's Favorite Dishes" section in our book.  After I wrote our favorite dishes down, I looked through our book again to determine which restaurants didn't have contact information cards.  Becca and I are going to have to write out contact information for Four Corners, Milestone, Lui Lui, Yama, and Jesse's.  I then looked through our book to figure out if any restaurants had their hours of operation listed either on their contact card or menu.  Almost no restaurant did, so I had to go onto each restaurants website and write down their hours for lunch and dinner.  A few of the restaurants either didn't have websites or their hours were not listed on their website, so I will have to call these places tomorrow for their hours.  The final thing that I did tonight was to go through our book to see if prices for each restaurant were listed on their menus.  Becca and I had thought that we would need to include a sentence at the end of each restaurant review on prices of food, but luckily each restaurant, with the exception of two, have their prices listed next to each dish on the menu.  We are going to somehow incorporate into the two restaurants reviews that don't list prices on their menus how pricey they actually are.  Tomorrow should be another good day of work!  

No comments: