Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 3- A Trip to Hanover + Lebanon

Today was quite the busy day!  It started this morning when I picked Becca up from her house at 11:00.  Today was such a beautiful day to drive and explore the great restaurants that Hanover and Lebanon have to offer!  Our first stop today was Hanover.  We first went to Margarita's, where we spoke with the manager and told him about our Senior Project.  Becca took pictures while I continued to talk with him and collect menus and business cards to use in our final book.  He was so happy to help!  We found this to be the case with all of the managers, owners, or staff members we spoke with today, which made our day go so smoothly!

After Margarita's, we stopped at the other following restaurants in Hanover that have made our top 20 list: Jesse's, Molly's, The Canoe Club and Mai Thai.  We were lucky to get a seat at The Canoe Club for lunch and Becca and I each had the most delicious chicken salad.  Not having been there in a while, we referred to our restaurant checklist that we created on day one of Senior Project, and we found we had nothing bad to say!  What a delicious lunch!  Before leaving Hanover after lunch, Becca and I had one more stop to make.  We walked over to a restaurant called Carpaccio's, where we are so excited to be eating and taking notes at this Friday night (we both have never been before!).  It looks great!

When we left Hanover, it was off to Lebanon, which is convenient because it is just about five minutes away!  In Lebanon we visited four other great restaurants: Yama's, Lui Lui's, Koto's Steakhouse, and Three Tomatoes.  I only wish we had time to eat at all of them today!  We left Lebanon for New London around 3:30 and by 4:00 we were home.  It was such a productive afternoon.

Once back at my house, Becca and I reviewed our day and made plans for tomorrow.  We divided up the restaurants that we will write reviews for, and I decided on doing Margaritas, Molly's, Mai Thai, and The Canoe Club.  Becca left after this at 4:30.

While Becca went home tonight, I got ready to go out to eat at The Inn at Danbury with my family for some delicious traditional German food.  We arrived in Danbury at 7:00 and were home by 9:30. Wow, was my meal so good...though I must say, I am stuffed!  I talked with the owners, took pictures, collected cards and took notes on my dining experience.  It is definitely a restaurant worthy of being on our top 20.

Becca and I had such a fun day, though quite a busy one!  With all of these restaurants checked off our list now, we only have 5 left to visit.  We are moving right along and are really going to start focusing in on our reviews!  We hope you like the restaurants that we are featuring in our top 20 so far!    

No comments: