Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 4-Busy in New London

Today was another busy day!  Since Becca had her AP English exam and a job interview this morning, I was able to get a few things done in the meantime for our project (about a 1/2 hour of work).  At 2:30 this afternoon, Becca and I drove over to the Inn at Pleasant Lake.  From previous dinners here, I know that Pleasant Lake is so delicious and is highly recommended!  Here, we talked with the head chef and he gave us some great information on the inn and restaurant.  He told us to come back at 5:30 to take pictures, when the restaurant would be all set up for dinner.  From here, Becca and I decided to drive back to my house, getting back at 3:00.  I did a few things that I needed to do for college, while Becca worked on editing pictures for our project.  From 4:30 to 5:30, we went to Margaret's house to talk about our plans and progress made on our project.  We showed her everything from yesterdays adventures and talked about tomorrow and our time sheets. Becca decided that her and her parents would make reservations and go out to Bistro Nouveau tonight because this is one of the restaurants that neither of us have been to before.  In fact, I just got a call from her saying she just got home and that the food was excellent!  We are almost there in completing our top 20 restaurant list! When we left Margaret's at 5:30, we headed back over to the Inn at Pleasant Lake to take pictures.  Becca took the photos, and by 6:00, we were back at my house. Shortly after getting home, Becca's parents came to pick her up and they went off to Bistro Nouveau (which I am so happy they enjoyed!).  Tonight I stayed home and worked on my assigned restaurant reviews, directions, and menus from 7:00 to 8:30.  Lots of writing and printing to be done! Today was a good 4 hours of work. Tomorrow is exciting because I will be going out to dinner with my mom and hopefully our sponsor Margaret at Carpaccio's, a great little Italian restaurant in Hanover.  The head chef at Carpaccio's actually used to own Potter Place, which I am sure some remember and loved.  I have never eaten here, though it looks very promising, so in fact that I am positive it should already have a spot on our top 20. Tomorrow, Becca and I will have completed our top 20 list, which is also very exciting!  Next week we will really be able to start digging into the review process.  

No comments: