Friday, May 23, 2008

The Final Day of Week 3

Today was the last day of week 3, the final week of Senior Project!  Though Becca and I have completed most all of our work, we do still plan to meet with each other this weekend to polish up a few things.  We are very happy and proud of our work and cannot wait to present it to Proctor's Admissions Office.  Today was busy as we finished all sorts of components of our project.  Becca came over at 9:00 this morning and we worked until 11:00. Becca showed me the title page she created last night, and it looks nice and is the perfect introduction to our book.  She sent it to my computer, and I added pictures of both of us that we had taken Wednesday night at The Old Courthouse.  After I proofread the title page and added the pictures to it, I printed it out and cut it to fit into our book.  I also worked on the Google Map that I am creating for our binder and condensed book.  I found it pretty hard to figure it out, because I couldn't  add text to each marker that I put to mark the 20 different restaurants.  I have an idea of what I will do to fix this problem though, and am going to play with it this weekend.  Other than that small problem though, the map is mostly finished.  During our time this morning, Becca printed out, cut, and placed into our binder all of her reviews.  It looks so nice!  We are so happy to have it completed.  Becca took the book home today to paste in all of our reviews this weekend!  We also have our Clickbook condensed version completed!  This weekend, all we have left to do is add on the Google Map and get it bound!  Around 11:15, Becca and I went over to Margaret's house for an hour.  She looked through our completed binder and was very pleased.  She had a few last minute suggestions and caught one or two spelling errors, which we were so happy she pointed out!  Becca and I appreciate her help so much and plan to see her one more time on Monday!  This afternoon, I met with our mentor Jane at Jack's.  She also read and looked through our binder and loved it.  She was a big help too!  After my meeting with Jane, I went to Proctor to turn in our Time Sheets and see the musical.  I was very happy with how smoothly today went and glad to be almost done with our project!  I have only one more blog left, my Weekly Reflection on Sunday, so goodbye for now!  

No comments: