Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 5! The Last Day of Week One..

Today was quite eventful.  This morning I went into B block for AP Environmental Science.  I need all the practice and studying I can get before next Tuesday's exam!  A little after class, I drove to Becca's at 11:00 and we discussed plans and her dinner last night at Bistro Nouveau.  She really loved it, and I trust her taste, so we will be adding it to our top 20!  Hopefully I can get there to eat next week.  Becca and I also completed our time sheets at her house that were due today.  At 12:00 we finished up our work because we had to drive back into school.  I had to attend E block as well today, while Becca waited for me and edited pictures.  After E block, at 12:45, Becca and I met up with Jane, our lovely project mentor, and told her all about our week.  She thinks we are right on track and loves keeping track of us on our blogs.  By the time we were done meeting with Jane and had found Michele to turn in our weekly time sheets, it was 1:45, and we headed back to Becca's.  Becca and I parted ways at her house, as she needed to stay at home this afternoon to complete college forms as well as work on our project.  We also decided that this afternoon she would visit La Meridiana to determine whether or not we should include it in our top 20.  I haven't had a chance to talk to her tonight because I just got home, but this weekend we will decide if it has made our top 20 and let you know!  Once leaving Becca's, I went home and worked from 2:30 to 3:30 on Hanover restaurant reviews for our final binder.  I then did some things I needed to do around the house until it was time to leave with my mom to go pick Margaret up and head to Carpaccio's in Hanover.  We left at 6:45 and didn't get home until 11:15!  We had so much fun and I probably ate some of the most delicious food that I have had since visiting France last winter.  The chef is from Italy, and let me tell you, my pasta dish was heavenly!  I had the Tortelloni di Formaggio Caprino, Salsa di Arancia e Polline di Finocchio (large hat shaped pasta, stuffed with goat cheese, thyme and sage, sauteed with fresh orange juice, dried orange peels and fennel pollen).  For desert, my mom, Margaret and I shared Tiramisu and Cheesecake, with were also both excellent.  This is probably one of my new favorite restaurants on our top 20!  After our meal, we spoke with the chefs wife, who was the hostess tonight.  She was so nice (as all the staff was here) and talked with us about her and her husbands life and travels and his experience as a chef.  They actually are currently living in Potter Place in Andover (their old restaurant, until they moved to Carpaccio's).  I can't wait to go back again!  Well, today has been a long 6 hours of work, and I am stuffed, so I'm going to bed!  Look forward to a weekly reflection post on Sunday and another coming week of our Senior Project blog posts!

2 comments:

WilsonL said...

Can we eat there before I leave to go home? Hows the pricing?

Anonymous said...

I went to Carpaccio's for my birthday and had the same dish - I agree - it was fabulous!